Welcome to FAU’s Libraries. Bienvenidos a las Bibliotecas de FAU. Bienvenue aux bibliothèques de la FAU. Byenvini nan Bibliyotèk FAU yo.
The faculty and staff of the FAU Libraries enthusiastically welcome you to the 2016/2017 Academic Year! We are here to help you and partner with you to make you as successful as possible, whether you are a student or a faculty member, are here for the first time or are returning for another great year at FAU.
We are busy reimagining the FAU Libraries and we want you to come check out the wide range of services we offer to each and every one of you, including:
- Friendly, professional staff and library faculty with hundreds of years of collective experience who have devoted their professional careers to making FAU a better place.
- A wide variety of individual and group study spaces for studying quietly, collaborating with others, or just hanging out
- Continually evolving library facilities serving all of FAU’s campuses
- A new Graduate Student Study Lounge in the Wimberly Library on the Boca Campus for graduate students and College of Medicine students
- Access to approximately 3.7 million physical items and over 80,000 electronic journals, nearly 500 databases, and a growing collection of e-books and streaming videos
- Many distinctive Special Collections including artists’ books, sound recordings, print music, rare books and manuscripts, and University Archives
- Government documents from the United States, Florida, and other countries to help you understand the increasingly complex world around us
- A Digital Library containing unique materials from Special Collections and University Archives, as well as the intellectual output of FAU’s faculty and students
- In-person and virtual assistance through Library DIY, Ask a Librarian, workshops, tailored instruction sessions, research consultations, tutorials, webcasts and more
- Research assistance on any topic when you walk in, over chat or email, on the phone or by special appointment for more in-depth assistance
- Multiple open-use computing labs
- Interlibrary loan access to the world’s libraries
- Library materials on Reserve for classes
- Assistive technology to enable students with physical challenges to be able to use library and course materials effectively
- Laptops and iPads available for checkout and use in the Libraries
- Wireless connectivity throughout
- Technology-enabled group study rooms and collaboration stations
- Assistance understanding copyright and the evolving world of scholarly communication
- A great space for hosting lectures and presentations on the fifth floor of the Wimberly Library
- A growing array of lectures and events for fun and edification
- Exhibits created to inspire and coordinate with current events or issues
- And much more
We are here for you!